Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oh Weekend, what have you done?

The weather is turning wonderful here, a nice low 70 in the daytime and high 50's at night. So no AC and open windows make being at home comfortable. Add to that an empty house and a crafting itch, things are coming along wonderfully for the Christmas decorations.

I found a few wreaths I liked with fabric flowers, and decided the fabric scraps sitting in my cloth bin were good victims, and some were even in the right color palette! I also stopped by the craft store clearance section and grabbed three new patterns that haven't really been used yet. We'll see where they lead me.

So here's the stick wreath I made last week with the cloth flowers on it. I still haven't decided if I'm in love with it, as it is SUPER country/farmhouse looking. But I'm thinking there's no point fighting it anymore, it's just going to happen anyways. I can always change things up next year. I also have realized if I don't get a Christmas tree I'll have to get a lot of garland or pine...extras...to add the green needed to make all these harvest colors translate.

Photo dump!







And there's still Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment